Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Uptown Adventure Part 1

Sunday was a beautiful sunny day but it was very chilly.  I set off at 10am to meet the lovely Emma of Darling Dilemma for an uptown photo shoot.  It was very windy, but we were still able to get some wonderful outside pictures.  The little jacket over this cute dress I got at ModCloth, did help a bit and we did get a few shots in without my jacket, but we did them quickly!

Dress - ModCloth, Shoes - Lovely People, Jacket - RW &Co., Bracelet - H&M, Ring - Dominican Republic, Tights - Plush


After shooting outside for a bit we decided to grab some brunch at Cora's and get warmed up.  We had a wonderful time chatting and even got to see the wonderful Barb for a few minutes.  After brunch we headed over to the pedway between Brunswick and Market Square and took a few photos there.


For anyone who knows me, knows I have a huge love of shoes!  One of my ideas was to have my picture taken with all my shoes (well most of them).  Here I am on the steps of City hall with all my shoes.  I wonder what Mayor Court would think of all my shoes?
In this shoot I also had the honour of modelling a few of Emma's pieces.  Her work is so gorgeous!!  Each of the beads are so unique and in her black heart necklace she even made a few of the beads!  The pieces that I got to model are below, be sure to check these out and all of the rest of her gorgeous work in her etsy shop.  



And now for some exciting news.....

Emma has been so kind to offer my readers 10% off their entire order (sale items included) using the code: SIGHGUSH. This promo is good until the end of April!  She also has a special promo on until Sunday (April 3rd) - free shipping with the code: 4FREE.  Be sure to check out her shop!  I have my eye on a pair of earrings!   Be sure to check back on Friday for part 2 of the uptown adventure!  Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love that dress!!! The style of it looks so cute on you.
    Haha I love that you took a pic with your shoes uptown not sure I could be so gutsy...I had the Mayor Court for History in High School and I can assure you he is not a fan of the girly girls. :)
    Love the necklaces I am going to go check them out now.
    Great pics it looks like you girls had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you and Emma had a good time together! She's great! Love that dress! Too cute! Great pics and the jewelery is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new dress is adorable! And the photo with your shoes is too cute. Looks like you girls had a good time and Emma took some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress, I'm smitten with those polka dots + the sequin detail -SO dreamy! AND I'm loving the brightly coloured accessories, such beautiful pops of colour. Sounds like you had such a fun day. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!