Friday, November 11, 2011

Freeze Your Jeans

Yes, you read that right.  Freeze your jeans.  Some retailers such as Levi's and Gap are now recommending that you freeze your jeans to cut down on washing after each wear.  This is a good way to help save you some cash as you will not be using your washer as much and also help save the planet.  How it works:  put your jeans in a plastic bag and toss them in the freezer.  Leave them in there for a day or 2.  Freezing them kills odor causing bacteria, saves on wear and colour fading, as well as money.  Think of all the extra cash you can save for shopping.  Here is a quick video from Gap on freezing your jeans.  Enjoy! 

video

Source Flare.com

4 comments:

  1. Sooo neat ! I am going to have to try this out. I hate buying dark denim and having it fade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, what a great idea. Probably would reduce some of the wear and tear that comes from being swished around in the washer too. Thanks for sharing Melissa! Denim is everyone's staple- I know I get bummed when it wears out to the point I know I have to go spend the cash on a new pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! i've never heard this before! makes sense though! i only wish my freezer wasnt always jam-packed with other things :) <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!