Friday, December 16, 2011

Merle Norman at Boutique Zekara

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of having my make-up done by the lovely Katie at Boutique Zekara/Merle Norman .  For me, I don’t wear make-up everyday, but I loved the look Katie did on me.  I am so used to wearing make-up for performing dance that I think this may be the reason I tend not to wear make-up.
Here is a before shot:
First, Katie applied a very light concealer called creamy light ($23) and an SPF ivory foundation ($28); this helped even out some of the red spots that have appeared on my skin during pregnancy.
Next, she went to my eyes.  For my eye shadow base she used Automatic ($12) and for the eye shadow she used vanilla mousse ($17) and desert shimmer ($17).  She then applied eyeliner called copperized ($19) that made my eyes pop and used creamy flo platinum mascara ($19) and a taupe colour ($20) to fill in my eyebrows.

Next she moved to my cheeks and lips to finish the look.  On my cheeks she used a blush called Bashful ($22) and for my lip colour she used 24K pink ($25).  Here is the finished look:
I totally loved the finished look.  I had a meeting to go to after this and got many compliments on my look.  If you are interested in having a make-up application done the cost is $35 and would be perfect to have done before you go out to a Holiday party.  They also offer make-up lessons free of charge which last from 30 to 60 minutes.  Here are some shots of some of the wonderful Merle Norman products that they offer.





If you haven’t been out to see Donna and the lovely ladies at Boutique Zekara/The Shoe Fanaddict/Merle Norman you really should.  Not only do they offer great make-up services and shoes but they also have gorgeous clothing.  I had the pleasure of going to their Night of Elegance fashion show in November and there were so many pieces that I would love to add to my wardrobe.  You can check out the photos here on facebook from the show taken by BigDayFoto and you may recognize fellow blogger Emma, of Full of Fabulous as she was a model and rocked the runway.  Many pieces at Donna’s shop would be great for those Holiday parties/gatherings.  Be sure to check them out in the Kennebecasis Valley if you haven’t already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!