Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mother's Day Surprise Party





Dress - Monteau (similar) * || Bracelets - Silver Daisy Designs (similar) * || Shoes - Naturalizer (similar) || Earrings - c/o Anjolee || Watch - Fossil (similar)

I was hoping to have a post for you today with my secret blogger swap package but unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet.  One of the downfalls of our postal system is how long it takes for items to clear customs sometimes but hopefully it will arrive quickly!  So instead I thought I would bring you an outfit post today from what I wore on Mother's Day and to my surprise 30th birthday party. 

For Mother's Day I booked a breakfast for my Mom and my mother in law to at our local Cora's.  This was my sister Carla's idea, or so I thought.  It was really a poly to get me out of the house so they could come in and get everything ready for a surprise party.  My husband had been away for 3 days before for work, so we needed to get groceries and he knew this would be the case.  So he planned to have them come in and clean and get everything ready after we went out to breakfast and off for groceries.  Little did I know that I was in on the plan by planning the breakfast out!  I was truly surprised when I came home as my birthday wasn't until Tuesday and my husband was so thoughtful by inviting many of my friends and family over for the party.  It was a great afternoon filled with food, laughts and best of all birthday cake.  Thanks so much honey for a wonderful 30th birthday! 

* Items purchased locally - Rowena's (dress), Silver Daisy Designs (bracelet)

8 comments:

  1. My swap package hasn't arrived either. I paid an insane amount to make sure mine would be delivered to the states in time but we're more familiar with the pitfalls of cross border postage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply adore your dress, it's totally cute! And having a surprise birthday party organised for me is certainly one of my dreams, you're so lucky!

    http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the navy and red! super cute :)

    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful dress! The model and colour suits you perfectly :) Nice heels too!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVEEE blog swaps, so i'm gonna be in on the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful mama! i LOVE the dress and pop of red w/ the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your dress! It looks great with that pop of red in the belt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!