Friday, November 9, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Receipe

One thing I love about fall is the flavor of pumpkin that is in everything this time of year.  I especially enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks but since those have gone and are now replaced with their holiday flavors, I thought I should share this receipe with you before Christmas rolls around.  This receipe was so delicious and made so many cookies; I was able to freeze a dozen after eating some and delivering a dozen to friends.  It also makes a lot of creme cheese frosting, so make sure you have a container handy so you can freeze what you have left.  Here is the receipe, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Cookie ingredients & instructions:
1 cup shortening
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin

1) In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.


2) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly with back of spoon. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-11 mins. Remove to wire racks to cool.

3) Frost one side with cream cheese frosting, spreading on bottom half of the cookie; top with remaining cookie. Store in refrigerator.

Cream cheese frosting Filling:
4 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
Combine in large mixing bowl and beat on med-high until light and fluffy.
(**NOTE: sometimes you need more icing sugar for the frosting if it's still too runny to make it more spreadable)
 
Enjoy!!
 

    4 comments:

    1. Whoopie pies are one of my favourite things to bake! I used to bring them to work when I lived in Ottawa and everyone loved me.. haha! I have never made the pumpkin version though, so I may just have to try these!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Nice post dear :)

      Join Estée Lauder Giveaway on my blog :)

      http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love anything that has to do with pumpkin! Awesome recipe!
      ~Jessica
      http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!