Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shoes of the Week!



In Canada, it is inevitable that the cold weather is coming.  So when Fall hits, I start shopping for boots.  I may not enjoy the cold but at least I can make it a little more fun by buying a new pair of boots.  Being on maternity leave, I wanted to buy some new boots but not spend a ton of money on a new pair.  So one week when I was down visiting my parents, I took a trip over to Calais, Maine and checked out Marden's.  Marden's is a salvage and surplus store that carries many brands; but the key with this store is if you see something you like, buy it, because it will probably be gone the next time you are there!

Marden's has a great shoe section at very affordable prices.  The most I have ever paid there for a pair of shoes is $50 and most of the time that is about 1/3 of the retail price!  So my new boot purchase was the beautiful above pair of G by Guess booties.  They are getting quite worn out from wearing them so much (as I am sure you can see in the photos), but are so comfy.  They have a great heel, I love the colour and the chain detail is the perfect embellishment.   And at $30 they were a steal!  I think they will only last this season but I am so glad I bought them.  What is your go to footwear for these cold winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!