Wednesday, February 4, 2015

DIY: Jute Basket



DIY projects are something that I really enjoy.  When I found this one on pinterest I knew I had to give it a try.  Plus hubby had a few coffee cans around that I hated to get rid of since they are so great to store things in.


Materials:
  • Coffee can (size of your choice)
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks (I used 8-10 glue sticks)
  • Jute (thickness of your choice)
  • Scissors
Directions:
1.  Start by washing out your can and making sure it is completely dry.
2.  Start at the bottom and place a little bit of hot glue on the can and press the jute onto it.  The wider your jute, the quicker you will cover your can.  Word of warning, be sure not to put too much hot glue on the can as it can burn your fingers when you press the jute into it.  I did not put glue under every section of jute, just every so often as that was what I was comfortable with.  Repeat all the way around until you get to the top of your can.  Be sure to push your jute up next to the row beneath it as you do not want any of the can to be seen between the rows.  Optional:  cover the bit of metal on the top ( I did this but not sure I would do it again as I am not sure I like the look)



I was really pleased with how this project turned out.  I love the look of them and is a great way to reuse something you may already have around.  Plus it was super affordable.  I bought my jute at the dollarama along with my glue for my glue gun.  The grand total was $3 + tax! I am hoping to get a smaller one to do for our living room to put remotes in.  These ones will be going in our bathroom.


How would you use them?  And if you complete this project I'd love to see the results!  Leave your thoughts/links to projects in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely so that we can gain more objective opinions.

    Laser certificate level 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.

    Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy courses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    Full Body Accredited Diploma Course

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every comment you leave! Have a wonderful day!